Surviving the Days ... and the Weeks and the Torment.


Words I write don't necessarily make sense to you... I don't expect them to, maybe I don't even want them to... The thoughts are written fragmented and incomplete! I do not write for any form of external validation.. What you read may not have the same meaning as what I write... But do not underestimate the personal significance of my words! An essential part of who I am is only evident in my writing... It had been locked away after it was used against me... Everything you need, in order to hurt me, is right here!

Thursday, May 19, 2005

Another test passed

I was taken by surprise today, caught completely off guard

If I'd had warning I'm not sure I'd have handled it any differently

No contact for three months has been the best thing for me

I realised so many things, some I should have always known

I amazed myself that the end was so final with only brief heartbreak

The blindfold taken off and I saw what had been in front of me so long

I made the decision and I stuck to it, I've not once regretted that decision!

Today was also good, the brief contact showed me I'd not been fooling myself

I really do feel and believe all that I had told myself when the end came!

It feels great to know that I truly am this strong, I am past that phase

How people treat me, and my response, is completely within my control

I will not be treated disrespectfully if I do not allow myself to be!

There is definite reason I have the people I have in my life

There is also reason I no longer have some people in my life!

I have no regrets, I remember what was good and learn from what was not!

I have nothing to gain from repeating this process, I've learnt this lesson!

No comments: