Surviving the Days ... and the Weeks and the Torment.


Words I write don't necessarily make sense to you... I don't expect them to, maybe I don't even want them to... The thoughts are written fragmented and incomplete! I do not write for any form of external validation.. What you read may not have the same meaning as what I write... But do not underestimate the personal significance of my words! An essential part of who I am is only evident in my writing... It had been locked away after it was used against me... Everything you need, in order to hurt me, is right here!

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Ask and ye shall receive...

Little boy is turning eight in just a few short days

He's growing up, not too quickly, but growing up

I'm hoping he'll go from eight to ten in one quick year

My sis keeps reminding me, nine-yr-old boys are all horrible!

Little boy is not nine and he's certainly not horrible, not yet

What is it that eight-yr-old boys want for their birthdays?

Really, I'm asking you, what do they want? he won't tell me..

I've been asking repeatedly, what he would like for his b'day

To date I've had one response, a book which will complete a series

That's it! What is up with that? Where have I gone wrong?

Why is my child not demanding the latest in game consoles

Why not at least asking for the latest in games for the console he has

No demands for a computer, TV, DVD player or such in the bedroom

No requests for handheld game thingies*, the ultimate in anti-social props

Actually no demands at all. No "blink'n'you'll miss it" fad to dive into

No "must have" bike, toy, clothing, shoes or anything else

One little book and then "suprise me" is all he asks..

Now most of you know I loathe shopping, unless I know what I want..

I like shopping for Little boy, hate wandering aimlessly searching.

I went off to the Mall today, spent a few hours looking and spending

I walked out arms full and quite happy with my purchases except..

The one thing he asked for was nowhere to be found!

Tomorrow I endure another Mall. If only he would ask for more.......


*I had a mental blank okay and thingies was all I could think of!

No comments: