Surviving the Days ... and the Weeks and the Torment.


Words I write don't necessarily make sense to you... I don't expect them to, maybe I don't even want them to... The thoughts are written fragmented and incomplete! I do not write for any form of external validation.. What you read may not have the same meaning as what I write... But do not underestimate the personal significance of my words! An essential part of who I am is only evident in my writing... It had been locked away after it was used against me... Everything you need, in order to hurt me, is right here!

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Sleepy Head

I got up Sunday morning at 7.30am, still drunk I think

I put my boardies on and headed almost directly to the river

Light rain was falling and mist was rising from the water

There was no noise, except the birds, and no people, quiet and beautiful

When I dived into the water it brought back so many memories

I was laying in the water watching the ripples from the falling rain

Remembering when I would swim some mornings before I got ready for school

People thought I was mad to dive into the water that early, especially in June

It was such a great way to wake up, I'm not a morning person usually

I remembered the bus trip into school those mornings years ago

So many things change and at the same time so many stay the same

The river, the rock I dived from, the sandy beach on the other side, mostly the same

But I'm not who I was then, I've grown up and changed, with a child of my own

I guess I haven't changed completely, the swim was the best way to wake up

It washed the sleepy cobwebs from my head, leaving me with only a slight hangover

No comments: