Surviving the Days ... and the Weeks and the Torment.


Words I write don't necessarily make sense to you... I don't expect them to, maybe I don't even want them to... The thoughts are written fragmented and incomplete! I do not write for any form of external validation.. What you read may not have the same meaning as what I write... But do not underestimate the personal significance of my words! An essential part of who I am is only evident in my writing... It had been locked away after it was used against me... Everything you need, in order to hurt me, is right here!

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Family Matters

Last night we had dinner at my mothers place, not unusual

My niece was put to bed and Little boy lay on the lounge

The four adults in the house were left to do what they had to

We each sat in various places around the house

Each of us in front of a computer, typing away madly

Interuptions were rare, until one of us was unsure of a date or spelling

10pm came and went, only one computer had been turned off

Three adults sat typing madly and one sleeping soundly

Midnight came and went, Little boy rolled over, off the lounge

It was almost 1am when I happily announced that I was finished

I handed Mum Little boy's bag as I carried him out to the car
[I]
"My shoes are over there, and my homework is here"[/I] he pointed and mumbled

At home he insisted on changing into pyjamas before getting into his own bed

He woke this morning and came into the bathroom to chat while I was in the shower

[I]Him: "I sleep walked last night Mum!"

Me: "When?"

Him: "Going out to the car"

Me: "Darling, I carried you out to the car"

Him: "ooohhhh.. well I didn't sleep walk!"

The phone rang, he ran, answered it and came back a minute later

Him: "Granny wants you to give her a quick call back"

Me: "Is she at work already?"

Him: "I don't know, but it's not going to be a quick call"

Me: "Oh why not?"

Him: "You never have quick calls with Granny!"[/I]

He was pretty much right...

No comments: