Surviving the Days ... and the Weeks and the Torment.


Words I write don't necessarily make sense to you... I don't expect them to, maybe I don't even want them to... The thoughts are written fragmented and incomplete! I do not write for any form of external validation.. What you read may not have the same meaning as what I write... But do not underestimate the personal significance of my words! An essential part of who I am is only evident in my writing... It had been locked away after it was used against me... Everything you need, in order to hurt me, is right here!

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

What an Impression

I was chatting to a new'ish friend earlier on MSN and got to thinking. We were discussing what we would do in different scenarios. He still doesn't believe that I'm brutally honest pretty much all of the time. Apparently I also come across as a cold and heartless bitch (yeah I know Tom and Justin, you're not exactly surprised).

I'm a people watcher. I'm fascinated by people, their actions and the way they think. The impressions people have of me are just as interesting. I don't take offense at being thought of as a bitch, I can be. I can be cold at times too. It honestly doesn't bother me what most people think (but it is interesting). I don't know most people and nor do they me.

I have very strong views and opinions and I'm generally not afraid to voice them. Most of my views on personal relationships have been shaped by the countless mistakes I've made or been part of over the years. I have expectations of honesty and trust above all else from the people I choose to get close to, friend, lover or partner. There are some things that I will not compromise on. I know what I want and I know what I feel I deserve. Having said all that, I don't expect any more, from anyone, than I am willing to give.

I'm strong willed and stubborn, but I'm not entirely cold and hard. There is a lot more to me and people who take the time can work that out. I do enjoy hearing someone elses take, it's always interesting. Maybe this new friend will see a little more if they take the time.

;-)

No comments: