Surviving the Days ... and the Weeks and the Torment.


Words I write don't necessarily make sense to you... I don't expect them to, maybe I don't even want them to... The thoughts are written fragmented and incomplete! I do not write for any form of external validation.. What you read may not have the same meaning as what I write... But do not underestimate the personal significance of my words! An essential part of who I am is only evident in my writing... It had been locked away after it was used against me... Everything you need, in order to hurt me, is right here!

Friday, March 03, 2006

Question for you all

... and yes I mean [B]ALL[/B] of you :-P

We cannot be held responsible for another persons actions. I'm pretty sure most of us would agree on that one. We can't stop people taking unnecessary risks, or making their own mistakes. We are responsible for our own actions, the consequences of those actions and make our own mistakes. Now throw a child into the mix there, this is where my question comes from.

[I]Let me just say that I'm not talking about myself or Little Boy in this entry, but it is someone fairly close to me.[/I]

At what point do you step in when a parents choice is [I](or is very likely to)[/I] negatively effecting their child? Is it different if the child is yours and the person putting the child at risk is their mother? How many mistakes can you let a parent get away with, or make excuses for, before you take the child out of the situation? What is considered a big enough risk to the child to take serious measures?

I have very strong views [I](surprise surprise) [/I]on this but I'd like to hear some thoughts from others before I give you mine.

:-)

No comments: