Surviving the Days ... and the Weeks and the Torment.


Words I write don't necessarily make sense to you... I don't expect them to, maybe I don't even want them to... The thoughts are written fragmented and incomplete! I do not write for any form of external validation.. What you read may not have the same meaning as what I write... But do not underestimate the personal significance of my words! An essential part of who I am is only evident in my writing... It had been locked away after it was used against me... Everything you need, in order to hurt me, is right here!

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Snap Shot of My Life: Turning Point - Part 2

Read Part 1 first!

Note- This is a long piece so I'm splitting it in half. As always your comments are welcomed but in this case I may not respond to them. I felt compelled to write this now, I'm not sure why. It wasn't an easy write and may not be an easy read for some.

*** *** ***


He was outside on the narrow patio that ran along the length of the cottage. The only other people out there were the two bouncers standing either side of the door. When I reached him he took my hand and pulled me towards the step. Surprised, I followed to the top of the steps while asking where he thought I was going. His reply was simply that he wanted to be a little away from the noise inside which was carried outside only slightly muffled to the patio. I turned and looked at the bouncers who were watching the two of us; one of them smiled and I stepped down the stairs one at a time. Now standing on the footpath my new friend turned to face me. In one movement he wrapped his arms around my waist pulled me towards him and began to kiss me. My reactions felt too slow when I pulled my face away from his and reminded him I had a boyfriend. He laughed.

I tried to step away from him but his arms were holding me close to him and I was no match. That dazzling smile returned to his lips as he lifted me off the ground. Now I felt so small, so out of control as he held me by the waist with my legs dangling in the air and my arms trying to push him away, my whole body squirming, asking him to put me down. I turned my head to see if the bouncers were watching this and as I did I’m sure I saw them both quickly turn the other way. I was beginning to panic, this wasn’t just for fun anymore, and I wanted to get back inside to my friends. He lowered me to the ground but not long enough for me to feel relief, this time he lifted me and literally put me over his shoulder and turned to cross the road. This time I screamed for him to put me down as my hands beat against his back and my legs kicked the air in front of him.

As I screamed at him I was looking up and down the street and to the front of the wine bar. There were a few people walking down the road, too far away to pay us much attention and three or four people walked out of the bar looked at me once before they turned right and walked up the street. The two bouncers still stood at either side of the door.

It seemed to me time had slowed down. It must have only taken a minute for him to carry me across the road and to the parked 4WD yet it felt like much longer as I yelled at him. I heard the car unlock and he opened the rear door and threw me across the seat. He was quick to climb in behind me as I scrambled to sit myself up. Closing the door behind him he turned to me and smiled that smile again, his eyes were lit up. I turned and opened the door beside me, as I did the alarm began to sound and he quickly reached across me and closed it. With a click of a button he turned the alarm off and locked the doors. Returning his attention to me he slapped me across the face and told me not to be stupid. Tears streamed down my face.

There was a lot of room between the front seats and the back seat, where we were. He was hunched over in front of the seat and he lifted my legs back onto the seat. I no longer knew what to do, I was no match for him physically and I couldn’t get out of the car. I began to scream again. He slapped me across the face, harder this time telling me “to shut the fuck up”. All I could do was to listen to him and hope that *Jen or one of the boys would come to look for me soon. I had told Jen I would be only five minutes, my bag was inside still she’d know I wouldn’t leave, she would know to come and look for me if I was much longer.

He pulled my shoes off my feet and then roughly began to pull my pants down my legs. As he put his finger through the side of my underwear to pull them down he leaned in and again kissed me. Once he had me naked from the waist down he began to undo his own pants. I realized I was repeating the words “no” and “please don’t” over and over and tears were still streaming down my face. I began to speak louder as he moved to climb on top of me. I could see the excitement in his eyes; he had no plans to stop until he had got what he wanted. He climbed on top of me and pushed himself inside me as he roughly kissed my neck. I screamed “No” into his ear and he slapped me again.

I don’t know how long he stayed on top of me, but it was quite a while. After some time I heard my name being called outside. When he finished the only words he spoke to me were “get dressed bitch” which I struggled to do. He opened the door and stepped out then grabbed me by the arm and pulled me out. I fell onto the footpath and he closed the door, went round to the front of the car and jumped into the drivers seat. He took off before I had even managed to pull myself to my feet.

With tears still streaming down my face I looked around hoping to see J and the boys. They were across the road looking at me. I walked over and one of the boys handed me my handbag. None of them asked what happened, they simply told me we were going to find a cab to go home. The look on all of their faces was that of total disgust.


*Names have been changed for privacy.
© 2005

No comments: