Surviving the Days ... and the Weeks and the Torment.


Words I write don't necessarily make sense to you... I don't expect them to, maybe I don't even want them to... The thoughts are written fragmented and incomplete! I do not write for any form of external validation.. What you read may not have the same meaning as what I write... But do not underestimate the personal significance of my words! An essential part of who I am is only evident in my writing... It had been locked away after it was used against me... Everything you need, in order to hurt me, is right here!

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Ouch

My pain threshold is very low, always has been, probably always will be

Until I was pregnant with Little boy I'd never even been in hospital

Never a broken bone, never a rush to the emergency room

Since then I've given birth (the epitome of pain) and had a broken toe

I try very hard not to inflict any kind of pain on myself, I'm sure we all do

Stubbing my toe results in a long barrage of cursing and involuntary tears

Last week, busily cooking dinner I was responsible for self inflicted pain

The rarely used microwave was used, and my common sense was not

Resulting in perfectly cooked honey carrots, and slightly overcooked finger

The barrage of cursing limited to mumbles, grunts and groans for Little boys' sake

I ran it under the icy cold water for at least 10minutes, blah blah blah

Now a whole week later, changing the dressing this morning I almost passed out!

Old dressing off, pain registers, break out in cold sweat and sway on my feet

It is now I realise I should have got Little boy to school first!

I sit down and now have the horrible feeling I'm going to throw up

Little boy is worriedly watching me, as I attempt to compose myself

Eventually the nausea passes, the sweats stop and my vision clears

I take the opportunity to re-dress my finger and take a deep breath

Now you may ask why I'm telling you all this in such a long post

Simple, because it fucking hurts and I'm a bloody whinging wimp!

No comments: