Surviving the Days ... and the Weeks and the Torment.


Words I write don't necessarily make sense to you... I don't expect them to, maybe I don't even want them to... The thoughts are written fragmented and incomplete! I do not write for any form of external validation.. What you read may not have the same meaning as what I write... But do not underestimate the personal significance of my words! An essential part of who I am is only evident in my writing... It had been locked away after it was used against me... Everything you need, in order to hurt me, is right here!

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Changing Times

There has been an obvious shift take place with my friendships

This change took several months to complete and be acknowledged

For four years I had one friend I always knew was there, my "best friend"

He knew everything there was to know about my life, as I did about his

I never imagined anything could or would be allowed to come between us

We only had to ask for help and it would be given, no questions, no shame

We could enjoy each other completely, without judgement or fear

It hurts to know that all of this has changed! I no longer know anything!

But every night is followed by the dawn and this change has had a positive

Within the past year a new friendship has been formed and has thrived

I know that I can count on this new friend, he's always there, my "best friend"

He has become the one I think of first to share good news with

He has become the one I call when I just need another honest point of view

We are able to share anything, without judgement, we listen and care

My friendships are always important to me, I cherish each and every one.

I only hope that I have as much to offer in return for what I've been lucky to receive!

No comments: