Surviving the Days ... and the Weeks and the Torment.


Words I write don't necessarily make sense to you... I don't expect them to, maybe I don't even want them to... The thoughts are written fragmented and incomplete! I do not write for any form of external validation.. What you read may not have the same meaning as what I write... But do not underestimate the personal significance of my words! An essential part of who I am is only evident in my writing... It had been locked away after it was used against me... Everything you need, in order to hurt me, is right here!

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Insignificance

There was a time,not long ago, that I would think of you and smile

Now I think of you and tears well in my eyes and pain throbs within

There was a time, not long ago, that you had such a calming effect on me

Now the mere thought of you produces anger and hurt among sadness and fear

I'm angry and disappointed in myself that you have such an influence still

Of course I still care, I want you to be a part, but obviously you're not

All this power is in your hands, yet you need not even use it for it to twist me

As the days pass by and no words are spoken the knife is thrust deeper

Words of old silently surround me to reveal the emptiness of which they're made

For how long...

No comments: