Surviving the Days ... and the Weeks and the Torment.


Words I write don't necessarily make sense to you... I don't expect them to, maybe I don't even want them to... The thoughts are written fragmented and incomplete! I do not write for any form of external validation.. What you read may not have the same meaning as what I write... But do not underestimate the personal significance of my words! An essential part of who I am is only evident in my writing... It had been locked away after it was used against me... Everything you need, in order to hurt me, is right here!

Friday, May 05, 2006

What to Give

I've not surrounded myself with people for ego's sake

I've been uncharacteristically lucky with my friends

I'm not overly needy, I enjoy my own space and company

I know that my friends are there if and when I do need them

I would give anything to help when they need it, to lift them

A few weeks self-imposed solitude, I spoke to my best friend

I often wonder whether our friendship is level, if I give enough

I will rarely ask for help, I don't want to become a burden

I feel a need to be the strong woman people claim to see

Mostly I feel anything but strong, more likely inadequate

I focus on others in the hope that nobody will notice

I don't feel worthy of that which is offered to me

My best friend offers me so much, without even realising

He makes it feel safe to be me...

No comments: