Surviving the Days ... and the Weeks and the Torment.


Words I write don't necessarily make sense to you... I don't expect them to, maybe I don't even want them to... The thoughts are written fragmented and incomplete! I do not write for any form of external validation.. What you read may not have the same meaning as what I write... But do not underestimate the personal significance of my words! An essential part of who I am is only evident in my writing... It had been locked away after it was used against me... Everything you need, in order to hurt me, is right here!

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Two Weeks

They've made it to the surface!


The two miners, Todd Russell and Brant Webb, walked out of the mine this morning! The Beaconsfield Church Bell rang out to awake the town and tell them the good news. The men walked out and handed out business cards, entitled "The Great Escape", thanking all those who took part in the rescue. Amazingly they are not expected to stay long in hospital (although, I just heard on the radio, there has been a minor hold up for some reason at the hospital) and both are likely to attend the funeral of Larry Knight, the miner who died in the rock collapse on 25th April, later this afternoon.

These guys spent longer underground than the first two evictees of Big Brother spent locked up on the Gold Coast!

The human spirit is an amazing thing! I don't think these men know just how much their lives have changed. They'll find out soon enough and hopefully make the most of every opportunity that comes their way in the coming weeks.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


And on a completely unrelated note...

I was too chicken to do this one back when Ben did it and it first did the rounds. Now I have, so go and take a look.. now!

My Nohari Window and Johari Window

No comments: