Surviving the Days ... and the Weeks and the Torment.


Words I write don't necessarily make sense to you... I don't expect them to, maybe I don't even want them to... The thoughts are written fragmented and incomplete! I do not write for any form of external validation.. What you read may not have the same meaning as what I write... But do not underestimate the personal significance of my words! An essential part of who I am is only evident in my writing... It had been locked away after it was used against me... Everything you need, in order to hurt me, is right here!

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Bloody Fools

I need a brief distraction from my life so I'm not blogging personal or life shit today. Since I watched a press conference a little while ago by two absolute wankers, one of whom is the biggest dickhead holding a position of power in the world today. No prizes for guessing that I'm talking about Bush and "Bonsai" (my fave John Howard nickname) in the lead up to the APEC summit being held this week in Sydney. I'm going to make a real effort not to get into too much serious detail.

Now let me start by saying I don't think the summit itself is a bad thing, in fact it could be quite beneficial and productive given the right leaders but I won't dwell on that one. It also happens to be a timely and handy tool for Bonsai in the lead up to our federal election. He knows this all too well and started off in great form by attending a National Rugby League awards event last night instead of meeting Bush at Sydney airport on his arrival. To a very sporting nation such as ours it was a blatant (and futile) attempt at looking like a "typical Aussie bloke". It may have had a chance of working IF we didn't know just how UNsporting little Bonsai is, as evidenced in this little vid.

There has also been a lot of talk here about Bonsai's choice of location for the summit. Being a sydneysider I can see all the good reasons to hold it here, it is the biggest (and best) city in the country. However, it is not the capital and considering this APEC summit is one of our biggest political events, at least on a regional scale, it would seem logical to hold it in our nations capital. This would also mean a hell of a lot less disruption to residents and would be much easier to provide the required security. As it stands we have a city of four million and the CBD basically in lock-down for a week with numerous road closures, security check-points and no-go zones at differing times. So much so that the city was given a public holiday for Friday and encouraged to "go away" for a long weekend.

With Sydney locked in to host and Bush already in the city the summit is well under way. As I mentioned the first joint press conference was held a little while ago with the two buddies joking and blabbing on about Iraq and how well they are doing. Also mentioning climate change and the need to reduce greenhouse gas emissions which led to an agreement on nuclear energy. That's the word, nuclear, that sticks out to me from the press conference as Bush was forced to try to say it at least a dozen times. I know he's nearing the end of his term and he's been around for years now but it still amazes me that the "hardest job in the world" is held by a man who can not even manage to string a coherent sentence together when facing the world's media! Fuck knows how he does it when he has to write it himself.

Okay I'm already bored with this topic and no doubt so are you. So I'll go back to blocking my ears and closing my eyes in an attempt to ignore the stupidity that is bound to be of abundance this week. Which may even spare you from a proper rant on the topic. Hmm did I even make a point with this? meh who cares...

No comments: