Surviving the Days ... and the Weeks and the Torment.


Words I write don't necessarily make sense to you... I don't expect them to, maybe I don't even want them to... The thoughts are written fragmented and incomplete! I do not write for any form of external validation.. What you read may not have the same meaning as what I write... But do not underestimate the personal significance of my words! An essential part of who I am is only evident in my writing... It had been locked away after it was used against me... Everything you need, in order to hurt me, is right here!

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Shopping for Words

I hate writing about not being able to write

But for at least a week I've had nothing

It was starting to get rather frustrating

Hopefully it has gone again, for now

*** *** *** *** *** ***

I've never been one to spend a day shopping

Wandering countless shops, buying the occasional item

It's just not me, never was nor will it ever be

I don't mind shopping for others, rarely for myself

There is a condition, I have to know exactly what I'm getting!

Today I went shopping for my nephew's b'day pressie

Now you would think a 9-year-old boy would be easy

Especially since I have my own almost 8-year-old

But no, I had no clue what I was getting or looking for

It was made worse as I was buying three pressies

Mum and sis caught up at work, sent me for the job

Worse again because bro and SIL were no help at all

Several hours later, countless sms and calls later

I had pressies in hand, claustrophobia starting to kick in

Get to the checkout, the card I intended to use had expired

Just another day reiterating why I don't like shopping!

But hey, nephew will be happy and that's what counts, right?!

No comments: