Surviving the Days ... and the Weeks and the Torment.


Words I write don't necessarily make sense to you... I don't expect them to, maybe I don't even want them to... The thoughts are written fragmented and incomplete! I do not write for any form of external validation.. What you read may not have the same meaning as what I write... But do not underestimate the personal significance of my words! An essential part of who I am is only evident in my writing... It had been locked away after it was used against me... Everything you need, in order to hurt me, is right here!

Thursday, March 17, 2005

Destiny by Choice

I know that everything in my life has happened for a reason

I don't believe in that one God with a divine plan for all

I wouldn't be where I am, who I am, if I'd made different choices

The good and the bad have all led me to here, today

So many times I've been in "negative" situations

Each time I've come through the other side

I would not have my beautiful Little Boy if anything had been different

If my mother hadn't raised me as she did

If I had not left my mother to live with my father

If I had not returned to my mother later

If I had not failed to finish high school

If I had not started working full-time when I did

If I had not been raped as a young woman

If none or even one of these had not occurred, Little Boy wouldn't be mine!

I am thankful for the life that I have and have had

I may not have all the material possessions, or be exactly where I want to be

There is purpose in everything, big and small, good and bad

Each and every choice I make takes me closer to where I am meant to be

This knowledge doesn't make my fears or pains any less real

It does, however, allow me to see all that I have to be grateful for

Destiny, fate or your God's will simply boils down to your choices, your life!

No comments: