Surviving the Days ... and the Weeks and the Torment.


Words I write don't necessarily make sense to you... I don't expect them to, maybe I don't even want them to... The thoughts are written fragmented and incomplete! I do not write for any form of external validation.. What you read may not have the same meaning as what I write... But do not underestimate the personal significance of my words! An essential part of who I am is only evident in my writing... It had been locked away after it was used against me... Everything you need, in order to hurt me, is right here!

Monday, September 06, 2004

Part Of Me

It's not so much that I don't know which label applies,

I don't need any one label, I have many.

I'm trying to remember who I am, to me.

What makes those labels fit me.

Which are temporary or malleable.

And which are unyielding and constant.

I am a mother, first and foremost, always.

Friends know that and accept it as a part of me.

I need not worry that it is a burden on them.

I need not modify my actions or behaviours.

A friendship with me comes within a package.

It cannot be extracted for simplification.

Nor should separating the "mother" from the "friend" be asked of me!

No comments: