Surviving the Days ... and the Weeks and the Torment.


Words I write don't necessarily make sense to you... I don't expect them to, maybe I don't even want them to... The thoughts are written fragmented and incomplete! I do not write for any form of external validation.. What you read may not have the same meaning as what I write... But do not underestimate the personal significance of my words! An essential part of who I am is only evident in my writing... It had been locked away after it was used against me... Everything you need, in order to hurt me, is right here!

Sunday, September 19, 2004

Overwhelmingly Discombobulated

I don't find it easy to trust

I am cautious of who I allow into my life

Those I do allow in, I give my all

I do enjoy the company of those I care about

I feel extremely lucky most of the time

Other times, completely overwhelmed

I sometimes see myself as a burden

I wonder what I could possibly offer

Scared of disappointing or becoming tiresome

In the effort to please others

I lose sight of what truly pleases me

Feeling pressure that may only exist in my head

I'm being pulled in several directions

Each with its own merits and downfalls

Perhaps the pulling is merely my own perception

Maybe I won't disappoint

Is it selfish to choose for my own benefit

To give less to others and allowing to give to myself

No comments: