Surviving the Days ... and the Weeks and the Torment.


Words I write don't necessarily make sense to you... I don't expect them to, maybe I don't even want them to... The thoughts are written fragmented and incomplete! I do not write for any form of external validation.. What you read may not have the same meaning as what I write... But do not underestimate the personal significance of my words! An essential part of who I am is only evident in my writing... It had been locked away after it was used against me... Everything you need, in order to hurt me, is right here!

Thursday, November 02, 2006

NaNo NoNo

Okay so my NaNo attempt has got off to an extremely slow start. It didn't help that I had no idea what I was going to be writing about until the hour was upon me to start writing. My biggest problem was Rose and her story (which is much bigger than the draft I'm putting here it seems). I was so stuck on her and where I know she's going, there was little room for a new idea.

Now at least I have a vague idea of where my story begins and where it will head, it's just a matter of getting it down. So far, life has got in the way of that part quite a bit. As a result I'm barely off the mark. Having said that, I'm still excited to see if I can do this, even though I'm expecting the story to be rather crappy.

My first week is going to be an absolute shocker, but I plan on making it up after that and I'm definitely not giving up! So many times I start things and fail to finish them for various reasons, the biggest of which is the fear of failure itself. I think I'm doing this simply to prove to myself that I can!

Apologies in advance if most of my posts this month revolve around NaNo, but I'm determined to focus.

Keep Smiling folks! :-)

No comments: