Surviving the Days ... and the Weeks and the Torment.


Words I write don't necessarily make sense to you... I don't expect them to, maybe I don't even want them to... The thoughts are written fragmented and incomplete! I do not write for any form of external validation.. What you read may not have the same meaning as what I write... But do not underestimate the personal significance of my words! An essential part of who I am is only evident in my writing... It had been locked away after it was used against me... Everything you need, in order to hurt me, is right here!

Friday, December 23, 2005

Life...

I stood beside the bed looking at the frail old man sleeping

His body a shadow of what it was just a few short months ago

The rattle in his chest subsiding briefly only to return again

As I touched his hand and held it, his eyes opened slightly

Recognition showed in his face as he tried to speak

The mumbled words not quite able to break through the morphine

Little boy uneasily reached out and pat the hand on the side of the bed

I leant down and whispered goodbye, kissing the man on the cheek

I left the room almost certain that I will not see my grandfather again.

No comments: