Surviving the Days ... and the Weeks and the Torment.


Words I write don't necessarily make sense to you... I don't expect them to, maybe I don't even want them to... The thoughts are written fragmented and incomplete! I do not write for any form of external validation.. What you read may not have the same meaning as what I write... But do not underestimate the personal significance of my words! An essential part of who I am is only evident in my writing... It had been locked away after it was used against me... Everything you need, in order to hurt me, is right here!

Monday, December 12, 2005

Chameleon

My adult years have taught me many lessons

I've made many decisions I've later viewed as mistakes

Some of them I've even made more than once

Yet I've learnt from them all, made changes and grown

I was at eighteen vastly different to who I was at twenty, or am now

I try to find the positives in situations and take those away

I get angry, sad and hurt but I try to leave the negatives behind me

How sad it seems to me that someone I care about feels helpless

To see their confidence and self-esteem so low, hear it has always been

For someone to believe they are not even capable of growth or change

To have only ever known the facade they put up, hiding for so long

To hide behind lies, happy faces and manipulations many years

Change and growth would appear so overwhelming, where to start

But the belief it isn't possible, makes the reality of possibilities unlikely.

No comments: