Surviving the Days ... and the Weeks and the Torment.


Words I write don't necessarily make sense to you... I don't expect them to, maybe I don't even want them to... The thoughts are written fragmented and incomplete! I do not write for any form of external validation.. What you read may not have the same meaning as what I write... But do not underestimate the personal significance of my words! An essential part of who I am is only evident in my writing... It had been locked away after it was used against me... Everything you need, in order to hurt me, is right here!

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Movie Quote Meme

I stole this from DWaFM. A movie quote meme. Not sure if these are my favourites as such but they're up there...

Here are the rules I must follow:

* Pick 15 of your favorite movies.
* Go to IMDB and find a quote from each movie.
* Post them on your blog for everyone to guess.
* Fill in the film title once it’s been guessed.

These are your rules:

* Leave your guesses in the comments.
* No Googling or using IMDB search functions. Don’t cheat!
* Know-it-alls, limit your guesses to three movies. Save some for others!


1. "That's good. A little anger. It's a bit late, but it's nice to see."

2. "A condom is the glass slipper for our generation. You slip one on when you meet a stranger. You dance all night, and then you throw it away. The condom, I mean, not the stranger."

3. "Misdirection. What the eyes see and the ears hear, the mind believes."(Swordfish guessed by Seth)

4. "You want a Rolls-Royce, you don't come here, no no. You go to England, or wherever the fuck they make it. If you want champagne, you go see the French. If you need money, you find a Jew. But, if you want dirt, or scum buried under a rock somewhere, or some secret nobody wants anybody to know about, there's only one place to go: right here, Hell's Kitchen. It is the lost and found of shit. They lose it and we find it. Forget about it, man." (Sleepers guessed by Seth)

5. "If our Lord wasn't testing us, how would you account for the proliferation, these days, of this obscene rock and roll music, with its gospel of easy sexuality and relaxed morality? "

6. "Me? I'm scared of everything. I'm scared of what I saw, I'm scared of what I did, of who I am, and most of all I'm scared of walking out of this room and never feeling the rest of my whole life the way I feel when I'm with you."

7. "Uh, well... sometimes only half of the little pieces find their way through. If you had to choose only one half of your son, which one would it be?"

8. "Once again, the L.A.P.D. is asking Los Angelenos not to fire their guns at the visitor spacecraft. You may inadvertently trigger an interstellar war." (Independence Day guessed by Phil)

9. "He says the sun came out last night. He says it sang to him." (Close Encounters of the Third Kind guessed by Tex)

10. "I've just decided to switch our Friday schedule to Monday, which means that the test we take each Friday on what we learned during the week will now take place on Monday before we've learned it. But since today is Tuesday, it doesn't matter in the slightest. Pencils ready!" (Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory guessed by Seth)

11. "It's a decision a girl's gotta make early in life, if she's gonna be a nice girl or a cunt."

12. "I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species and I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment but you humans do not. You move to an area and you multiply and multiply until every natural resource is consumed and the only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You're a plague and we are the cure." (The Matrix guessed by Tex)

13. "Now listen here, you mullet. Why don't you just light your tampon, blow your box apart? Because it's the only bang you're ever gonna get, sweetheart!"

14. "Do not touch the glass. Do not approach the glass. You pass him nothing but soft paper - no pencils or pens. No staples or paperclips in his paper. Use the sliding food carrier, no exceptions. If he attempts to pass you anything, do not accept it. Do you understand me?" (Silence of the Lambs guessed by Phil)

15. "Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free." (Love Actually guessed by Tex)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

9. Close Encounters of the Third Kind

12. The Matrix

15. Love, Actually

Nice meme. This would be fun to do.

Unknown said...

8. Independence Day

14. Silence of the Lambs

That's all I've got.

Unknown said...

3. Swordfish (classic)
4. Sleepers
10. Willy Wonka (Just watched it)

- sooo much fun.

Seth

Anonymous said...

7. Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory? From the 70's?

Ted said...

xgxh - close, No.10 is from the original .... 7 is from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (new one)

;-)

Unknown said...

Wow...I so related to all of those. I think I'm a freak now. God help us all, hehe.

-seth

MedicTK said...

I guess I'm late in finding these.
#6 is Dirty Dancing

Anonymous said...

5 is Footloose