Surviving the Days ... and the Weeks and the Torment.


Words I write don't necessarily make sense to you... I don't expect them to, maybe I don't even want them to... The thoughts are written fragmented and incomplete! I do not write for any form of external validation.. What you read may not have the same meaning as what I write... But do not underestimate the personal significance of my words! An essential part of who I am is only evident in my writing... It had been locked away after it was used against me... Everything you need, in order to hurt me, is right here!

Monday, January 14, 2008

From the Road to the Sky

It's 1am, I should be sleeping and failing that I should be packing our bags to leave tomorrow (today if you want to be pedantic). We're off to see my Mum this time round and in the past that meant heading a coupla hours north along the coast. When she moved from there it meant a 5min walk down the road a bit but now it means jumping on a plane and hopping across to the little island. I'm not good with planes, I'm not even good with the thought of planes at least not when the thought includes me too. I've only flown once before just a couple of years ago with my friend who, while being very supportive of my irrational fears, had a good chuckle at my expense. This time around I'm not supposed to be allowed to freak out, I'm not supposed to snap "I can't talk right now!"... This time around I'm in "Mum" mode and have to be all grown up and brave so as not to freak the boy out...

In reality most of my freaking out is done internally anyway so i just have to ensure it is ALL done that way this time round. I'm sure my darling Little Boy with manage to get a chuckle at my expense too!

On the up side... I am really looking forward to getting off the plane in Tasmania and exploring a little, especially with my camera.

Miss you guys, will catch you when I get back!

P.S where's Dani gone people?? When I got back the other day I noticed she'd blogged at some point but now it's all gone... You out there Dani?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

here I am!!!

it's all at adventuresofdani.efx2blog.com it's a bit of an experiment to get some sort of commitment into my life.

It's been a long time hey.

Have a safe trip hun x see you on the flip side!

Anonymous said...

I guess being Dani is such an adventure that she, dani, can only write about her life as adventures. :)

Hmmmmm, i hope the Mum mode survives the plane flight. Have fun at your mums!

Moomin said...

Ah don't worry, Ted, flying can be fun! Just enjoy the views and the acceleration :)

I'd love to see some pics of the Tasmanian devil but of course I realize it might be a bit hard to encounter one ;)